- Serpentshrine Cavern
- For the Fathom-Lord Karathress encounter, Cataclysmic Bolt now deals 10% of the target’s maximum health plus 500 damage, down from 50% of target’s maximum health, the stun effect is now a Stun mechanic, and can target any player instead of only characters with mana.
- Lady Vashj
- Coilfang Strider’s Panic ability now activates every 4 seconds, up from every 2 seconds.
- Shock Blast’s stun effect is now a Stun mechanic.
- Tainted Elementals now despawn after 20 seconds, up from 15 seconds.
- Tempest Keep
- For the High Astromancer Solarian encounter, Nether Scryer’s Domination spell now has a 2 second cast time, up from instant cast, and can be silenced.
- For the Void Reaver encounter, the radius for Arcane Orb has been reduced to 15 yards, down from 20 yards.
Okay, so I actually punched the air when I read this. I end up soloing a lot of old raids in the name of transmog gear and the two Serpentshrine Cavern bosses listed above were always the ones that gave me trouble. As a ret paladin, Fathom-Lord Karathress’s mana-targeting Cataclysmic Bolt ability was basically insurmountable and those Coilfang Striders…
Well, let’s just say I’m looking forward to an extra couple of seconds to smash them in the face.
Obviously, this is the PTR, so there’s no guarantee these changes will make it to live servers, but consider my fingers crossed.